- 12 oz thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 8 oz sliced Cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 pkg (12 oz) Hawaiian sweet rolls or attached small dinner rolls
- 1 cup crispy fried onions
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 3/4 tsp ground pepper blend
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cut roast beef and cheese into smaller pieces to fit individual rolls.
In small bowl, stir together mayonnaise and horseradish. In another small bowl, stir together melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper.
Slice rolls in half horizontally to make 2 large halves. (Do not separate rolls.) Place bottom half on baking sheet. Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly over rolls on baking sheet. Evenly arrange roast beef slices on top, being sure to keep slices separated onto each roll. Drizzle with half of the melted butter mixture, then top with half of the cheese slices.
Sprinkle fried onions over cheese, then top with remaining cheese slices. Place the top half of the rolls on top. Brush with remaining melted butter mixture; sprinkle with parsley and pepper blend.
Cover rolls with foil and bake 10 minutes. Remove foil and bake 10 minutes longer or until rolls are lightly browned and cheese melts.