Pronounced: Cab-err-nay So-vin-yon
"Sophisticated drinking, ultimately delicious"
The show stopper grape variety for elegance in a glass.
Cabernet Sauvignon makes its true home in the much-fancied
Bordeaux region of France. Australia might not have historical
chateaus dotting the landscape, but we make up for it in the
flavour of our wines. [yellow tail] makes a superb Cab Sav with
concentrated dark fruits and the kind of satiny mouth feel that
makes for really easy drinking. But it's not all about simplicity,
the quality fruit in this wine adds depth of character and added
- Whoa! Absolutely Cabernet here. It has that hint of leafiness and herbs then loads of black currant with a hint of cocoa.
- With more blackcurrant, some mocha and a suggestion of liquorice, this is classic Cabernet in flavour too. It’s concentrated but not massive, slippery but silky and shows enough tannin to keep the wine in shape without being mouth puckering. Delicious red wine. Serve with pasta with red sauce, braised lamb shoulder or thick-cut beef scotch fillet.
Cabernet Sauvignon is known for its dark berry fruit flavours and hallmark herb/spice/leafy complexity.
Sourced from select vineyard sites, the Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon is made from premium parcels of fruit from perfectly maintained vineyards.
[yellow tail] Reserve Awards
- 2011 Mundas Vini
- 2011 Riverina Wine Show
Top Gold awards
- 2011 Rutherglen Wine Show
- 2012 Sydney Royal Wine Show
- 2010 Perth Royal Wine Show
- 2010 Rutherglen Wine Show
- 2010 Melbourne Wine Show
- 2010 Adelaide Wine Show
- 2010 Cowra Wine Show
- 2010 International Wine & Spirit Competition
- 2009 Cowra Wine Show
- 2009 Riverina Wine Show
- 2009 Cairns Wine Show
- 2009 Citadelles Du Vin - France
- 2009 Adelaide Wine Show
The kind of moments when you really want to impress someone. Or yourself!