"Deeply flavoured and soft"
There is a lot more to this Merlot than meets the eye - unusually complex.
Quality Merlot offers a lot more than expected. Here we have
rich fruit flavours met by gentle tannins, enough to give the wine
a more serious feel but still retain the early drinking appeal. It
ticks boxes for drinkability yet will evolve with a little cellar
time too. A ripper of a Merlot with lots of fleshy, juicy fruit
- A deeply perfumed Merlot with mulberry, cocoa and cinnamon spice notes.
- This generous Merlot shows luscious and supple texture with blueberry, blackcurrant flavours and soft, dusty tannins giving structure. An elegant wine. Serve with casseroles like chicken cacciatore or veal ragu.
Merlot at a Reserve level offers additional complexity and texture – satiny tannins, plush feel and layered dark fruit flavours. Only premium parcels of fruit for cool climate regions of Australia were selected for this wine.
Multi-regional blend of Coonawarra, Limestone Coast and Fleurieu.
[yellow tail] Reserve Awards
- 2011 Rutherglen Wine Show
- 2011 Riverina Wine Show
- 2011 San Francisco International Wine Competition
- 2010 Rutherglen Wine Show
- 2010 Melbourne Wine Show
- 2010 Adelaide Wine Show
Highly Commended awards
- 2010 Sydney International Wine Competition
- 2010 Sydney Royal Wine Show
- 2010 Perth Royal Wine Show
- 2010 Royal Melbourne Wine Show
Top 100 awards
- 2009 Sydney International Wine Competition
- 2009 Cowra Wine Show
- 2009 AWC Vienna
- 2009 Riverina Wine Show
- 2009 Sydney Royal Wine Show
- 2009 RNA (Brisbane)
- 2009 Cairns Wine Show
A small group of friends and your favourite BYO.