- 12 chicken thighs
- Salt pinch
- Pepper pinch
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 120 grams of bacon, diced
- 1 large onion roughly chopped
- 500 grams of mushrooms quartered
- 6 endives, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 2 cups of [yellow tail] Sauvignon Blanc
- Season chicken with the salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add the bacon and fry until crisp. Transfer to a plate.
- Add some of the chicken to the same pot, skin-side down, and brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms release their juices, about five minutes.
- Add the endives and [yellow tail] Sauvignon Blanc, increase heat to medium-high, and bring to a boil.
- Push the chicken amongst the endives. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Divide the chicken, endives, and sauce among individual plates and sprinkle with the reserved bacon.