- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted
- 250 g smoked salmon, cut into thin strips
- 250 g sour cream
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- Salmon roe (caviar) for garnish
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into large bowl.
- Gradually whisk in combined milk and egg, then half the melted butter.
- Refrigerate mixture for 30 minutes.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush the pan with a little remaining butter.
- Drop two teaspoons (10ml) of mixture into pan.
- Cook for 30 seconds or until browned lightly underneath and bubbles appear on the surface.
- Turn, cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until canapes are cooked.
- Repeat with remaining butter and canape mixture.
- Serve canapes with smoked salmon, sour cream, chives and salmon roe garnish.